Create a gorgeous, high quality wedding photo album at Shutterfly.com.
Saturday, May 25, 2013
2. Oh yes, I've re-visited the intricately folded notes from middle school. I have no business emotionally declaring anything that changes every ten minutes, in all of my thirteen year old adolescent glory. Yikes.
3. I discovered make-up. Eye yei yei! Orange lipstick, turquoise eyeliner and blush. The combination of self discovery and my new found love of lip liner is (immaturely) comparable to a new-born Twilight vampire going into the city... no control. It's hard to tell your thirteen year old self, "Self, your face is not a coloring book. Chill with the makeup."
4. Thinking: It's only the SECOND time I've called in this week... why is my boss on my rump?
(That still embarrasses me to think about.)
5. Because I would have (unfortunately) reposted:
- "My new "No Fear" shirt from Gadzooks!"
- Channeling quotes from My So Called Life like, "That's when the change happened. Just like that. Somewhere in those few seconds. I knew my life would never be the same." Aaannd scene.
- Music videos from Alanis Morrisette. And Snoop Dog.
- And Jimmy, the MTV cab driver. Jimmy, the MTV Cab Driver
One thing is sure, a Facebook post in the nineties would be quite different compared to one today. A nineties kid understands that "I wanna really really really wanna zigazigahh," had meaning. And it is our duty to keep that sacred. Similar to the Illuminati, it must remain with us, the key holders. Because it is with great power, comes great responsibility.
Sunday, March 31, 2013
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Friday, November 16, 2012
It's-mah-birthday. This year I celebrated, best girlfriend in tow, a day of performing random acts of kindness. There is no disputing that in our group of friends, historically, we make a big deal out of birthdays. But this one has been celebrated very differently. The day went like this:
Ashley won a turkey for someone else (Happy Thanksgiving!)
I gave $28.00 to a young couple who needed money for food
Held signs up downtown that said, "Have a great day, God Bless"
and "Honk if your happy"
Visited my uncle... a wonderful person (who I wish I seen more of) and hugged him
Fed 15 different change meters downtown
Put oversized candy cane surprise on a car
Gave a tin of chocolate\mint to a lady eating lunch in her car
Anonymously paid for a strangers lunch
Surprised a homeless person with a big cookie
Gave $40 to the Kansas Food Bank (That will feed right under 200 people!)
Gave a tin of chocolate\mint to a young, appreciative drifter, under the bridge downtown
Smile\waived at a homeless man (who we later found out was "James") who had no shoes, riding a bike
Then we met Rooster and Greg. Both homeless. We interrupted their benched nap in the park across from Allison Middle School (Kaden's school). Our intention was to *in stealth mode* sit down a bag of hats, socks and gloves when Rooster (almost never called by his real name, Fred) awoke. He asked us to sit down and talk. If you ever get the chance - ever seek perspective from a very different point of view - visit Rooster and Greg. It would make your day and theirs.